Thursday, January 18, 2007

It's all in the reflexes...



A week since my last post.

'A family a tomatoes were walking down the road, when the baby tomatoe starts falling behind. The mama tomatoe turns around and steps on the baby tomatoe. Mama tomatoe says ''Ketchup''. '

Last weekend was fucking sexcellent. My show at the Crapital was wonderful. Lots of friends showed up and stood right up front where I can see them, including the lovely Dirthots. After my set, which I thought went quite well, barring a couple small fuck-ups, the best part of the night was getting to talk to each of the girls. They are delicious, sho 'nuff.

Saturday night was okay. Went over to my bro's place and hung out with Colin and Shauna (although Colin was being a little 'I'm not in the mood', my bro, who wasn't feeling well and eventually kicked us out, and a couple of Amandas. We headed to the Capital where Jen Grant and Tanya Davis was playing. I told a bunch of people how amazing Jen Grant sounds, she's a folk pop princess from Halifax. And she is amazingly gorgeous in real life. Drunkenly I went up to her while she was talking with Kyle Cunjak and confessed my love for her, haha, (well, my musical love). She was very gracious, and thanked me profusely. Nothing like talking to musicians when you are hammered.

Week has been pretty uneventful - no truck-towing, no hair-cutting, no rib bruising...oh wait, yeah there was. At hockey last night, half the team were on fucking patrol (they are city cops), and nobody showed up. We had like 1-2 spares. The team we have beaten twice consecutively hammered us. I got one slapshot in the chest at the end of the first, and today it hurts to breathe. Also got an email from my buddy DJ Scout (Jody W.) who is the executive chef at the Back Nine. I was talking to him one night about how great Dub Antennae is and that I really wanted to start up a ska/dub band, like Sublime/Asian Dub Foundation. So I think we're going to start that up soon. I have a bass player, need a drummer, need a few more songs to start.

For the love of God, anyone reading this should check out lily allen from the U.K.: British pop-raggae. Amazing voice. And she can spit on the mic like Lady Sovereign. Word.

4 comments:

Smitty Bad said...

Jon we had a blast that night, as I am sure you've been told. Can't wait to see you play again.

Shana said...

Hey Bowie. Great show on the weekend, we had a great time. I always enjoy seeing you play. :) You really need to get something recorded so I can take it to Japan with me. For real!!

See ya soon

Oh yea tell Margo the sauce turned out great. We used veggie "meat" balls those weren't so good. :(

Banana

theSquaredanceKid said...

Haha, thanks Shana! I promise that you'll have it before you leave.

Veggie 'meat' balls, eh? That'sa not so good. Glad the sause was great though.

_ said...

I love that the link says 'dirthots' jon. bah well, it's pink. keep em comin. i like to see that you are slowly but surely coming out of your blogging hiatus. if you build it they will come bowie. they. will. come. friday was awesome. i just hope i didn't drown you out when i was belting 'nothing compares to you'. anyway i would have liked to have gone to the show saturday but duty called, f(&*^%ing work! i think we are all headed to back sat the 27th i believe to see j-j-j-james boyle in all his glory. you and margo should make an appearance. no cheese market on sunday!! No truck-towing? is that a burn maybe? yeh? neh? watch yourself. la pinch j-bo. la pinch!