Monday, February 12, 2007

"He isn’t in love with me :( and we don’t live happily ever after"



So last fall, one of my best friends and his girlfriend broke up shortly after becoming engaged. They had bought a house together, a car, two cats and a chocolate lab of a puppy. He loved her, but he wasn't IN love with her, and needed to stop their relationship before the point of no return.

A month or so later, after she had moved into a new place with their dog, he came back. She was unsure, but they spent a lot of time working on his issues, and her on rebuilding her trust of him. I was really saddened by their break-up, because I loved them both a lot, and they were a great couple for M. and I to hang out with. I was encouraged by their working it out. I had started a song about their breakup called 'The Ballad of the Two that are No More'.

I told her that I had the music, first verse and chorus for the song but that I was having a hard time finishing the song, because their story was still in the works, and I didn't know how it would end. Then I got an email from her at lunch today.

Subject: I have an ending for your song:

He isn’t in love with me L and we don’t live happily ever after.

L.

Here is the chorus for my song.

Maybe someday, after I've done the things I'm 'sposed to do;

My head wants to stay, so why does my heart insist on leaving you?

Maybe (you'll wait) someday.

I am very sad.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Hard. Confusing. I tried to comment on how that post made me feel and I couldn't...weird. I guess if honesty was really the best policy, then maybe things like that wouldn't happen. Deep down you always know when you're in a situation that's right and when you're in one that's wrong. Why it's so hard to tell the truth, I don't know. I hope I'm never fallen out of love with. And if I am, I hope he has the courage to tell me sooner rather then later. Guess I did have something to say. See yah Tuesday J-Bo, I bet the song kicks ass even though it's sad.

Burginator said...

I'll tell you how that post made me feel... like being the last one picked for the team. Great song. Hard situation.

theSquaredanceKid said...

Yeah. It's weird, I don't feel quite as bad as I did the first time. But still, there was hope.

Anyway, it happens. The worst part is probably her feeling, like you said Sarah, that she's been fallen out of love with. That, and I don't see how he'll ever find anyone more perfect for him. She is a goddess, absolutely gorgeous, six foot volleyball player, a training accountant with a great job, loves all the same things he does. Anyway, he didn't do it on Valentine's Day.

Sarah said...

I guess it's true that sometimes two people just aren't meant for one another. Not fun. Speaking of Valentines day, my plans better not be ruined by a winter storm!

Shana said...

That is one of my favorite Squaredance Kid songs. It's sad but that's what makes it so good, sincerity.

Those two are both great people. It's too bad they couldn't have a happy ending.

Adam Bowie said...

I once held her in my arms,
She said she would always stay.
But I was cruel,
I treated her like a fool,
I threw it all away.

Once I had mountains in the palm of my hand,
And rivers that ran through ev'ry day.
I must have been mad,
I never knew what I had,
Until I threw it all away.

Love is all there is, it makes the world go 'round,
Love and only love, it can't be denied.
No matter what you think about it,
You just won't be able to do without it.
Take a tip from one who's tried.

So if you find someone that gives you all of her love,
Take it to your heart, don't let it stray,
For one thing that's certain,
You will surely be a-hurtin',
If you throw it all away.

Adam Bowie said...

Shit...Forgot to put: "- Bob Dylan" at the end of my previous posting.

Adam Bowie said...

It was either that Dylan quote, or Dre: "Bitches ain't shit." I think I went with the right one.

theSquaredanceKid said...

"And they lived happily ever after, just not together."

That's great Victor. I think I will save it for my next song "My Two Week Love Affair with Scarlett Johanson".

_ said...

it's getting pathetic j-bo. i know it goes without saying but come on!