Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Falling behind on the picture posting, how about supper last night



My digital camera is loaded with pictures from my staff party last Thursday as well as the Mulder's Meat staff party this past Saturday. I will make a point of loading up the best tonight when I get home. Gems include various people wearing a Moose Light case box on their head.

So last night, with no food in the house, M. and I decided we needed to get some food to cook for supper. We went to Brewbakers on Saturday for the Mulder's Christmas party and I noticed the menu was missing one of my favourite dishes, the lemon chicken capellini, so I decided we should go for it.

Now, I'm no cook, by any means. I like cooking but I get all frustrated trying to manage two or more dishes cooking at the same time. My timing is bad. Anyway, we pulled this off, this is what we did:

fried up two boneless/skinless chicken breasts in olive oil and juice from 1/2 a lemon.

Sauce:

Fried up one diced shallot and 3 cloves of garlic, diced, in a bit of olive oil, enough to cover your pan, a cup of dry white wine (chardonnay), and the juice of the other 1/2 lemon squeezed. Added salt, pepper, and parmesan to taste.

As the alcohol starts to burn off, we added some blanched sun dried tomatoes, chopped. After about ten minutes, we threw the chicken in, diced, as well as some cherry tomatoes halved.

Serve capellini on a plate, sprinkle some parmesan, then the chicken/sauce. Crumble some feta on top. I am the Iron Chef.

2 comments:

_ said...

jon bowie did you forget how the blog works? you write things and then people read them and comment. just thought you might need some friendly encouragement :)

Sarah said...

Good one Natty Dread, Imma gonna stop checking soon Bowie!