Friday, November 17, 2006

La Joie de vivre


Friday is awesome. I work through most of my lunch on Friday, so I get to leave early. Then go home, have a beer. Usually go to the Rogue for supper with the folks, or grab something with Margo. Hang with my girl until about 9 or 9:30 and hopefully head to my cousin Adam's for a couple of rums and watch a flick or play some guitar, workshop our latest songs. Sounds pretty good, eh?

You'll notice the song I'm listening to, well, she's coming to the Playhouse in March, and Margo REALLY wants to go. She loved her the last time she came, saying that her live performance was endearing, and much in the vein of the Storytellers series. Anyway, my poor muffin called the box office today only to discover - gasp - the show has been sold out!!! There will be a limited release at the doors the day of, and since it's next door to work, I'll see what I can do.

We're heading to the Algonquin tomorrow for a luxurious overnighter. The image I posted is Picasso's Le Joie De Vivre. M. and I are desperately trying to find an awesome work for our living room. We would like an original preferably, but originals are usually trés cher. Anyone have some favourite works to suggest?

currently listening to: streaming CBC, Chantal Kreviazuk - 'All I Can Do'

3 comments:

C-Bo said...

Excellent inaugural Blog-trot! I hope, in future episodes that you begin to tell the stories of your mates. Call it: Three Doors Down, fill it full of half-truths, change their names and feed it to us, 2 paragraphs at a time.
Cheers,
C-Bo.

Burginator said...

I love Margo

theSquaredanceKid said...

Three Doors Down is part of the reason why I started this, although unfortunately C-Bo, the name's gotta go. I just cannot associate myself with those FM giants. Adam has a similar thread he calls The Coming of the Night or the Passing of the night or something...

also, Margo loves her some Burg.